Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Saavedra returns to Conquest Racing for finale

(indycar.com 10-7-11)

Sebastian Saavedra and Conquest Racing will reunite for the IZOD INDYCAR World Championships Presented by Honda on Oct. 16 at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

He'll drive the No. 34 Bogota es Mundial car in the 34-car field.

"It's good to be back," said Saavedra, who competed in the first 15 races of the season. "I don't like to watch the races from a couch and now I'm ready to make my second finale with Conquest Racing. It's been a year of getting the miles on my back and I'm exited to keep putting everything into practice. I've learned more in a season in IndyCar than what I've learned in my whole racing career."

Saavedra, 21, of Colombia, closed the 2010 season in a Conquest Racing car at Homestead-Miami Speedway. They will be looking to improve on their best result of the season, which came at the streets of Sao Paolo, Brazil, where they finished 11th.

"We are very happy to have Sebastian back in our car," team owner Eric Bachlart said. "He's done a good job all year and we are very glad that he'll drive the No. 34 Bogota es Mundial chassis for the last time before we move on to the 2012 cars. This is going to be quite an event, having 34 cars should be pretty exciting and it will make for some great racing. We look forward to fighting side by side out there and taking home a good result."