Like most American kids that grew up in the 80's I watched the Indy 500 every year and became interested in motorsports thanks to that race, but I didn't really get hooked until I started watching Formula 1 racing in the late 90's. My favorite era were those years with the great Mika Hakkinen/Michael Schumacher battles. (I was a Mika Hakkinen fan) So my fondness for Formula 1 waned once Mika retired and Schumacher started winning everything, even at the expense of his teammate Rubens Barrichello. My interest in F1 has only been lukewarm since.

Then I turned to Champ Car racing here in the US for my motorsports fix. However that was quickly extinguished once Champ Car and Indy Car merged and we were stuck with Tony George and his many foibles. (It was entertaining to watch the Hulman/George drama I'll admit.) My interest has been less than lukewarm with Indy Car lately, even without Tony George at the helm.

Over time however, the excitement I once had for motorsports has slowly gone. Maybe it has to do with my age, I don't know. But I think I will pour my efforts into my Trooper and my interests in the outdoors to add excitement to my life.

Thanks for checking out my blog, I hope you enjoy it. I will still post racing news when I find something interesting or noteworthy.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

champcar fanatics

(posted on 11-17-08 after Jimmy Johnson won a 3rd straight NASCAR title.)

Question: is Jimmy Johnson that good?

-last2brake
Answer: Hell, NO !!! He's a NASCAR DRIVER, fer cryin' out loud ?

You thought this was a serious question ?

but congratulations anyway, to the winner of three nascar championships, even if his crew chief was suspended for most of the three seasons for cheating.......


-paige
who is jimmy johnson?


-Indy
I don't know what "Jimmy Johnson" is, but it sounds painful.


-Canadacorner
I'd sooner have jimmy johnson than dick trickle...


-cartcanuck
Now THAT's sumthin' funny


-charmpcarrules
I thought he was the Cowboys coach?


-ladyracefan
So I take it Johnson won the championship again. Gotta love it when the biggest cheaters win.


-cartcanuck
Does the "C" in NASCAR actually stand for "Cheaters". it makes sense.

N ational
A ssociation of
S cammers
C heaters
A nd
R ule-breakers

No comments: